- Top-5 Credit Union by size in the US.
- Over $8B in assets
- Nearly 300,000 members nationwide
- Members come from hundreds of organizations
- Architect and design a new reporting platform and underlying business data universe.
- Migrate data and essential reporting function to a new self-service enabled platform, moving from manual reporting to a dashboard.
- Introduce and develop new reporting functionality and capabilities
- Business leaders unable to acquire consolidated reports across different LOBs
- Data platform and architecture were not designed for reporting
- Several manual processes required and time-consuming effort needed to produce reports
- Data/reports could not be trusted – no single source for information and too many manual reports being run by different people
- There was no visibility into historical information for reports
Solution & Results
- Client engaged Paradigm to implement Reporting-as-a-Service platform using existing Informatica & SAP Business Objects licensing agreement.
- Paradigm transitioned business-critical reports to 2.0 platform & developed Reporting-as-a-Service to take advantage of upgraded architecture leading to:
- Estimated 28% reduction on report cycle time & 34% reduction in man-hours to generate reports
- Increased reliability in delivery & content of generated reports due to the same data source being used for every report
- Expanded proliferation & accuracy of trusted data across organization
- Reduced Risk – Risk Management Team able to accurately perform analysis
- New goal: expose data to Marketing teams to enable potential up-sell & cross-sell opportunities as Reporting-as-a-Service expands to data surrounding Products, Loans, & Mortgages